You have two options while facing infidelity: to break everything up or to fight for the relationship. It is a delicate and difficult decision and it all depends on the past and how much you invested on your relationship. It also depends a lot in the circumstances in which the infidelity occurred.
Anyway, if you have decided to give it another shot, these are the five tips that you will find useful when starting over with your partner:
- Improve the communication: it is important that you are honest with each other.
- Truly forgive: if you decided to give it another shot just stick with it. It doesn’t make any sense if you are trying to start over but you keep bringing up things that made you almost break up in the first place.
- Get to know her/him again: it will be beautiful. You have to go on romantic dates, be interested in his/her tastes and the day-to-day life in your relationship.
- Be aware of the problems you had: be honest with yourself and accept the problems that almost brought you to the break up in the first place. This is important so that you don’t make the same mistakes again.
- Re-build your relationship: be there for your significant other, heal your wounds and make all the efforts on this second shot. Good luck!